Places where you may find some good records.
Good luck! Chances are if something is listed for a decent price, someone
will have beat you to it. No need to mention eBay, lots of bargains to be
had there! If you're selling on eBay, just remember if it isn't "KBD punk" (and what isn't these days) then it must be megarare obscure powerpop.
Some good people to trade with.
- Arnaud Daudin - mostly used worldwide punk from France.
- Bacchus Archives - the people who brought you the Rotters, Controllers and Dogs.
- Bomp - lots of
punk and more.
- Demolition Derby - newer punk
releases, also a good source for KBD style compilations and reissues.
- Detour Records
- UK mailorder with new and older stuff. Doubtful you'll find any bargains,
but the hype on some items is sometimes good for a laugh. Updates to their
catalogs are here. Their full catalog is now available online as well.
- Direct Hits - UK punk, etc mailorder.
- Discourage Rock n Roll - another source for that rare punk record, if you're not too concerned about your bank account.
- Elista Records - UK source for old (and some new) punk.
- Guerilla Front List - French source for punk, oi, hardcore, etc.
- Hitchhiker's Guide to Punk Rock - specializes in rare punk. If money is no object you might find it here.
- Little Free Rock - 1977-86 punk for sale.
- Rockers - German dealer - new and older releases.
- Sound Idea - cool Florida distro.
- some nice stuff, not cheap, but who is these days?
- Too North - has a mix of new releases (including some compilations) and older stuff.
- Directory Of UK Record Shops - Lots listed. Who knows, a few of them might have something interesting, if someone hasn't beat you to it.
- Underground Medicine -
newer releases, great source for lots of cool punk including the Hyped To Death CDs, compilations and reissues.
- Vinyl Tap - new and older UK releases.
- Vinyl Vendors - maybe something interesting if you search around.
Most people I've traded/sold to/bought from don't have web pages. If you'd like me to add your e-mail here, let me know.
Unfortunately there are always a few deadbeats who don't send stuff like
they say they will. I haven't had many problems in several years, except
for a few incidents. None have been for anything substantial, it's just the
principle of it that pisses me off. There is one asshole in particular that
should be avoided.
Some good sources of information about punk.
OTHER INTERESTING THINGS
- John Henderson, Chicago (email@example.com). Never received anything
despite claims it was sent registered mail. Often disappears for ages, then
resurfaces on mailing lists. Latest user name I noticed was "abcde".
- Sound Forge - top notch and easy to use audio editing software. Safe Harbor sometimes has a deal where you can get Sound Forge plus the Noise Reduction plug-in together for a good price.
- Izotope - mastering software and a plug-in to make those digital files sound just like a beat-up vinyl record!
- Shields Up! - ever wonder how secure your PC really is?
- Spacemoose - an "interesting" comic with some interesting stories behind it.
If you have something I could add here, let me know and I'll check it out.
Return to the main index page.